Happiness isn’t the too-brief rush that comes from getting something you’ve wanted—it’s the lasting great feeling that comes from becoming someone you want to be. And someone others want to be with, too. No matter where you start, Happy can help you improve your life and permanently alter your level of happiness.
Dr. Ian has inspired millions to lose weight. In counseling dieters, Smith learned that while achieving hard-fought goals can help make a person happy, even real accomplishments may not make happiness stick.
In Happy, Dr. Ian Smith presents a simple program that motivates readers to understand the behaviors and mind-sets that work and last, including:
- How to be optimistic
- Why optimism and realism are not opposites
- The importance of family and community
- Tapping the power of simple pleasures
- Mastering modern life to live in the moment
- What we can learn from the Danish people
Happy is a life-changing book from one of America’s most trusted voices.