Men don’t have glass heads. What’s going on in there? Do they mean what they say? And what are they not saying? Why does anyone in a relationship with a man have to spend so much time wondering what things “mean”? Is it good that he called instead of texting? What does it mean that he introduced me to his sister but not his mother or his best friend? Why hasn’t he said anything about my birthday yet when it’s two weeks from now?
Finally, a man who knows what’s going on in there has written a book to decode men for you. It’s rich with insight and action you can take today to make your relationship better tomorrow.
Smith’s fascinating, sometimes surprising topics include:
- The Subtle Art of Hooking Us (men really do want to be in committed relationships, even if they don’t always show it)
- Beauty Matters (but beauty may not be exactly what you think it is)
- Beware of Titles (why you shouldn’t label yourself his “girlfriend” until certain conditions are met)
- Sex is More Powerful than an AK-47 (but it doesn’t always have to be a home run)
- Mean What You Say (and why sex lies are always—always—a bad idea)
- Know how to Listen and What we Care About (it doesn’t matter if you buy the yellow pillows or the blue pillows but that doesn’t mean you don’t matter)
Any man who picks up The Truth About Men will nod in agreement, and any woman who puts its insights into practice will have an instantly happier mate and a stronger, longer relationship.
Truth About Men Table of Contents
PRINCIPLE THE FIRST: The Subtle Art of Hooking Us 1
PRINCIPLE THE SECOND: Be a Freak, but Not a Freak of the Week 21
PRINCIPLE THE THIRD: Mean What You Say or Don’t Say It 40
PRINCIPLE THE FOURTH: Shell Out the Cash, Some of the Time 59
PRINCIPLE THE FIFTH: Sex in the Morning 80
PRINCIPLE THE SIXTH: Your Body Is Truly Our Temple 96
PRINCIPLE THE SEVENTH: Keep Your Hand Off Our Triggers 115
PRINCIPLE THE EIGHTH: Avoid the Emotional Circus 137
PRINCIPLE THE NINTH: Don’t Believe the Hype 154
PRINCIPLE THE TENTH: Let Men Be Men 171